Wednesday, August 09, 2006

What's next?

Well, things continue to look good. Dad is trying to get everything straight in his mind, but the morphine is making for some interesting conversations, as it is known to do! Dad thinks he would feel better if he could walk around for a bit, but the nurses are trying to convince him that he's not as strong as he thinks. So far he's just able to sit on the side of the bed. He wants to know what his goals are, though, and what he should be working on next.

The surgeon stopped by and said since Dad's doing so well he'll just have a look at the site in Dad's room, instead of going back to the OR tomorrow.

We know he still has a long way to go, but we're so grateful for how far he's come!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you all. So grateful for God's mercy. We continue to pray for you all. Love, Lynn, Emma, and Shallon!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome news!!!! Keep going Uncle Stan!!! Don't let those nurses hold you down too long!!

I came across this verse a few days ago and it amazed me, it seemed almost written for this moment.....

I know that my Redeeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God.
Job 19:25&26
NIV

Job's words about his etenal life seem to apply to Uncle Stan now!? We have all seen God's amazing work and we know He lives. Our many prays are being heard.
Love to you all-
Jeff & Jenn

John, Angie and the kiddos said...

Thank you so much for continuing to allow us to journey along with you on this path of faith. Stan's healing is a miracle!

Here's my prediction. Stan will not be the only one healed in all this. This story will go on to heal the weak faith of dozens even hundreds who have born witness to all these events.

More miracles are ahead...

We'll keep praying!

John, Angie and kiddies

Janet said...

I know John is right. Ian commented last night about how he saw what a weak faith he had, that he never believed such an amazing healing would happen. Even I have to agree with him. This has strengthened my faith in God and the power of prayer.