Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"Not at this address"


Well, we made it back to Moosomin yesterday for Ruthanne's funeral.. It was a wonderful celebration of her life, her purpose, her faith and her dedication to family and friends. Her story indeed brings glory to God, even in a life that seemed so unfair in suffering such a lengthy illness. It was a sweet moment to be in the presence of longtime friends and church family, but there was a gaping hole where I would expect to see the "always present familiar faces" The most recent on that list are of course, my parents, Uncle Gilbert and Ruthanne!! Gone are the Rogers and the Mullers of my parents generation, Ed and Helen Elford... All parts of my fabric of childhood stability in a community of church family that made me safe and loved while I grew up there. Neita and I were reflecting on our time as children in the Manson area and how blessed we were to call it Home. Well, we know where they are! The envelope would read "not at this address" Another HOME waiting for us all. They are still my family. They are still part of who I am. I am still blessed by them.

No comments: