Sunday, March 18, 2007

Spring has sprung! Farm update time

It rained here this morning! Our snow is all gone except for a little along the trees. Stan ran over his first gopher and flocks of geese are returning. I still haven't heard a meadowlark and that is the BIG moment of Spring being offical to me!
The pressure is building now to get the vehicles (including the combine, semi and graintruck!)serviced, interiors wiped down and vacuumed out ready to start the new season of farming.I have set my goal at least one a day... Then we move on to getting the new hoses on the airdrill etc. which may require calling in extra hands from Saskatoon. We have all the chickpeas and canola sold off the farm and still some durham wheat to move. Things are hummin' around here. Stan is thinking that sitting on the tractor will be the easy part compared to all the preparations.

Roy Bailey is home from Regina but in Gravelbourg hospital for the weekend on intravenous antibiotics as the doctor here detected some infection has showed up in his leg from vein donor sites. I believe the heart surgury itself went well. We look forward to visiting him when he is a little better rested.

The church buiding addition is going well. I'll post a pic of the new auditorium when I remember to take my camera to town. We will be very happy to have a larger area for worship and a bigger room for potlucks!!

My brother-in-law Hugh Campbell had a heart attack last weekend at age 40. They are repairing him with stents. He has gone 1 week smokefree and it will be a major challenge to change the things he needs to in his life. You could pray for successful treatment for Hugh and patience for Hugh and Yvonne.

No comments: