Thursday, March 29, 2007

BANDAGE FREE!

That's our big news! It has been some time since our first visit with Dr. Burwell and it was wonderful to actually be given the okay to stop the bandages. We will see him in September and plans will be made to do some alterations to Stan's underarm and graft site. That will be an after harvest/winter project. It always is cause for reflection of how far we have come. Being at the various hospitals immediately takes me back. I am so proud of Stan! I found a quote again today that described us at the deepest moments. "Dear Lord, be good to me, the sea is so wide and my boat is so small"!! (Internet says it is an Irish fisherman's prayer.) We were never alone.

Our babies are great! always a highlight to see them and the parents, of course! It looks like I have a scheme with the Drs. to call us back to Saskatoon, but really, it just turns out to be the "up-side" that out medical network is set up now in that city.





No comments: