Saturday, April 25, 2009

And we're off! Seeding begins today!

This is an exciting day for us. Stan is off to the field to begin seeding Canola. There is so much preparation time to get to this point where he can sit on the tractor for a few hours at a time and relax. My job description changes a little for the rest of the spring and summer as well. Instead of just keeping the farmer fed, I now get to do seed delivery to the field, general "gopher" (go for ____________)and water truck driver when we begin spraying. It's so exciting! (I guess you'd have to be here to understand) I bought my garden seeds in Saskatoon last week and look forward to getting a few things growing again, too. I must admit to being a hobby gardener and don't rely on it for our winter supply. Rather, it is a joy to eat fresh veggies and put some away if it doesn't conflict with our harvest schedule, at which time I turn into the combine operator (my favorite!) Hope all is well with you,too. Have a great day, the sun's shining and God is good!

No comments: