Saturday, May 10, 2008

Reflections on Mother's Day

Tomorrow is Mother's Day. I am thinking about my special Mom, Grace Jacobs and my mother-in-law, Margaret Bell. What wonderful women and I was so blessed by them. My Mom was always there for me and a wonderful example of service to her family and her church and community. She especially had a heart for children and the elderly. I was always unconditionally loved by her and one of my greatest achievements will be to have earned her trust and her desire to have me with her in her final days of facing her illness. My mother-in-law welcomed me into her family and her heart and was also a wonderful example to me of faithfulness to her family and to God. She taught me a lot of finepoints about being a farmer's wife that I hadn't learned at my home because I was still busy being a kid! Whether it was gardening or raising babies, she was always a source if information if asked but always an example to me of a tactful mother-in-law who gave us love and space. Thankyou God for my mothers. It is now my on going delight to be mother and mother-in-law and grandma! I have joy and pride as I watch my daughters mothering their children and wish them and you a Happy Mother's Day.

No comments: