Wednesday, August 29, 2007

All is well ...



This was just one of those evening when everything just seemed to feel good. The day was beautiful followed by a colorful sunset. Harvest is going well, and I had to admit to myself that it really doesn't have a lot to do with the yield. (Not that yield is not a good thing!) It just seems incidental how much crop is coming off. I was realizing that this is the first harvest I have been able to enjoy in two years! Two years ago we were flattened by the worst hailstorm we have ever experienced in magnitude of damage and area affected. Harvest that year was a matter of "housekeeping" so we could get things tidied up for the next seeding. Last year found us both in Regina and Saskatoon and thanks to Gerry and Tim and Robert "and company" a boutiful harvest went into our bins. It was a sad drive for us between Regina and Saskatoon as we watch other farmers in their fields and we were wishing it was us. I have loved this year at home. I've enjoyed my garden produce, picked apples for juice and baking and even made a little chokecherry syrup for old time sake. And best, the best, is that I'm back in the field with my husband every day :-)

No comments: