Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Family and farmin'




Well, we have been trying to get siding on our house since July 1st and we keep hitting "glitches". Three and a half weeks until Stephen is home and maybe it will be done by then. My garden is doing quite well in spite of me not watering it and the temperatures have been up there for a couple of weeks now. I love the fresh veggies. I have been picking Saskatoons, from a UPICK , raspberries from the home patch and beets, potatoes and little zucchinis from the garden. Hurray! summer. Stan just finished the last? or possibly semilast?? spraying on those chickpeas. When the heat shuts them down and they stop growing is the day we stop spraying. I'm rather attached to my water truck.. I get to read and watch my duck family grow while I'm filling at the dugout. The harvest is probably a little closer because of the hot weather and we're gearing up for that. That is such an exciting time. I really look forward to it. I'll post a couple more pics from the reunion and family times. :-)

No comments: