Thursday, April 26, 2007

Update from the farm

Hi there, Due to the fleeting nature of our computer service lately, I decided I had better blog while the "blogging is good". Stan is happily seeding the crop of 2007. I have hauled the first loads of water on my water truck and things are feeling as they should. We had about 1/2 inch of rain the other day so the conditions are good for seeding the Canola.

Stephen has been in Mexico all week to work on a school for handicap children. It has been a work in progress for the last two years sponsered by Memorial Road Church on the OC campus. He called home to tell me that there had been a terrible storm in Piedras Negras, Mexico, where a team of 14 of them have been working. He knew there had been death and many injuries and wanted to assure me they were all safe. The next day I found out that the school had been completely destroyed!! They are staying the rest of the week to do cleanup and salvage. Hopefully the project will be continued as there are people from Oklahoma who sounded willing to pay contractors to go in and rebuild to the prestorm status. I had been thinking he was away from the Oklahoma tornado season and he was safer in Mexico! Guess he's being looked after no matter where he is.

No comments: