Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Back to the "almost" ordinary

I am reminded often how our life suddenly became connected to so many others. We are constantly meeting up with people who act so excited to see Stan and congratulate him on his success of beating this illness. Some act almost embarassed to admit they have been following our progress for months as silent bystanders. It strikes me that I am suddenly very selfconscious of writing as I never know where my words end up. I am reminded of a story my Dad used to tell about shaking out a pillow into the wind and then being told to go gather back all the feathers. Collecting back your words is just as ineffective! We have been comforted by your presence, your concern and your continued prayers. Stan goes out and about working at various odd jobs necessary for sending off the grain in semi-trailors and putting things away for winter. I work on baby projects and am back to housework and shopping etc. Ordinary is nice. Stan is very motivated to get back in shape and does well at doing exercises even when he comes in tired. He continues to improve and looks stronger daily.
Love from Stan and Maxine

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stan & Maxine
It is so good to hear that life is getting back to normal for you. It is great that you are back to doing the work you love. We are so thankful to the Lord for the blessings he has given you.
You have such a beautiful granddaughter. I have been following Monica's blog and enjoying the pictures. You will be excitedly waiting for Melissa's baby. Take care of yourselves. We are thinking of you always.
Love, Bill & Evelyn